compatibility of older versions

• Is Joomgallery 2x compatible, will it work, with Joomla 3x?

I know it's old and obsolete but it works just fine, as does Joomla 2.5.

I just want to know if anyone has tried using 2.1.6 with the newest Joomla version.

If not, how do I upgrade my 2x to the latest Joomgallery - or is that even possible?

I am finally being forced to either abandon Joomla and migrate to Wordpress or try and upgrade my Joomla so that it will continue to work with PHP 7.

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

an upgrade to the new Joomla version is definitely necessary! There are a lot of instructions in the web on how to upgrade to the latest version of Joomla.

After you have upgraded Joomla to the new version, you can simply install the latest version of JoomGallery over the existing one.

You can find a tutorial on youtube here.

Regards

MrMusic

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

ok, your youtube is only for upgrade v.2

yes, it is to upgrade from JoomGallery 2.1.

To migrate from 1.0 to the current version of Joomla and JoomGallery I would recommend the following procedure:

1. Update to JoomGallery 1.5 in the old existing installation.
    2. Perform a new installation with Joomla3 and the current JoomGallery 3.5.0.
      Use the migration script Migration from JoomGallery 1.5.7 to migrate JoomGallery to the current installation.

Regards

MrMusic

• I went ahead and upgraded Joomla from 2.5. I had put off doing this for so many years because I was always worried about crashing my site. My site was very large and complicated so I could never get a backup to work properly. My hosting company had its own backup service so since that was quite reasonably priced I went ahead and bought the service and then upgraded. Everything went ahead without a hitch. After the upgrade all of the extensions that also needed upgrading were listed in the back end. I wasn’t able to use the auto upgrades because I was using Google Chrome and I got an error “site unable to provide a secure connection” every time I clicked on the links so I had to download the Joomgallery upgrades and install manually with extension manager. I also had to upgrade about 4-5 Joomgallery plugins as well. But that was easy to do so I learned my lesson and plan on making all the upgrades as soon as they become available from now on. Kudos to Joomla and Joomgallery for great products that have proved so stable for so many years.