Search results pagination

• Hi there,

On my site, graphic designers upload their creations and there are about 40.000 images uploaded to date. When users search, in many cases the result delivers 200+ and sometimes 500+ results which all get loaded at the same time.

This takes ages and makes the search difficult to use, but the search option really needed on the site to filter through the 40.000 images.

Does anyone perhaps have a solution for this? Perhaps pagination as with the category view is an option somehow?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

maybe the JoomSearch plugin combined with the Joomla-Search (Joomla module) would be for this requirement more suitable?

Benefits:

1. In the plugin you can set exactly what should be searched

2. In the plugin the maximum number of search results can be limited

3. The search results already contain a pagination and the user can change the maximum items per page

Regards

MrMusic

• I've tried that, but it doesn't really work for me. The joomsearch lets you set the number of search results, but it's important to show all results.

The nice thing about the build-in joomgallery search is that the user stays within the gallery, with the same gallery layout.

Pagination would be great there. Hopefully, you'll be able to add it in the future.

Thanks