Video

• Hi team, I really like Joomgallery and have been using it for several years now. I'm especially thankful that there are so many configurable options and pleased with the integration into Joomla. I was using v3.3.4 for the longest time - it has worked well for me in all that time. Then stumbled upon 3.3.5 on this website, and now I've upgraded and am happily using it and plan on using it as long as the developers want to keep developing. :)

I have one suggestion -- when will we be able to upload video clips? You see, I have taken many trips abroad and have taken many video clips along with the thousands of photos I've taken, and I'd love to showcase these videos to anyone who looks at my site and for any friends and relatives I direct there. They are SO relevant to the content of my galleries it seems almost a shame not to be able to show them to anyone.

I know you're going to tell me that it's a "gallery" application not a "video" application, but I feel given that (and I'm not lying), Joomgallery is the BEST gallery software for Joomla, and believe me, I've tried everything, that integration of video is a necessity.

I also know there is lots of work to do on the current version and any subsequent versions planned for release in the next couple of years, but could the developers please decide whether or not video will some day be part of our upload options?

Thank you for Joomgallery and all the hard work you do on it. I'm hoping for more features and updates when they become available.

Cheers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you for your contribution!

We are very glad that you appreciate the work of the developers. :)

Without friendly feedback from the community, the JoomGallery would not exist for a long time.

I agree with you. Displaying videos in the JoomGallery would be a great feature!

Since it is also important for me, I experimented with the video feature some time ago ;)

Here is the link to a test page with the video feature, but only in German: https://mrmusic63.de/jgtest/videos-einbinden.html

However, it is far from being adopted as a feature in the JoomGallery.

There are also some limitations to note:

Joomla and JoomGallery are written in php. Due to system limitations, an 'upload' of large video files will probably not be possible in the future.

The videos must be uploaded in advance. Either via ftp on your own server or to a video service like YouTube or Vimeo.

Then you could view it via iframe or html5 video.

Whether this feature will ever exist in the JoomGallery, I can not say. But at least it is not impossible ;)

• Well, there are Joomla plugins that one can use to show video clips. I wonder if exploring that would solve my video requirements. It's definitely worth exploring!

Thanks for your quick reply, it's much appreciated.