Beiträge von GJSchaller

I am testing now on a demo site on my home host.

Would it help if I gave other people access to my site? There's nothing important on it, I can let people log in as Users, Moderators, or Admins (if I trust you) to see what various user types do.

Thank you for this! I will begin testing this weekend.

What are the proper steps to upgrade from J3 & JG3 to J4 and JG4? I'm working on a rough outline for documentation purposes, here's what I have so far:

1) Create a new site on my server called "testsite.domain.com"

2) Use Akeeba Backup to back up my live site, and restore it to testsite.domain.com

3) Go to https://github.com/JoomGalleryfriends/JG4-dev and download a current copy of JG4 repository in ZIP format.

4) Upgrade test site from J3 to J4

(Next Steps uncertain:)

Uninstall JG3?

Install JG4 over JG3?

Do I need to change PHP versions from 7 to 8 at any point, or after all upgrades are done?

Many thanks for your great work!

With the End of Life of Joomla 3 approaching, all of my Joomla sites are now on Joomla 4, except the one with a JoomGallery 3 gallery. For the purposes of security and support, I will suggest the main priority be getting compatible / migrated to Joomla 4, so that sites can be safe and supported. (PHP 8 support is also critical for this, as PHP7 is ending.)

Knight Realms - Archive Site - Home