Joom reCaptcha looping

• Hi, my JoomRecaptcha plugin has stopped working. Now all I get is a looping icon in the recaptcha block. Users cannot add comments to any of my images anymore. I've disabled/removed all browser plugins, cleared my cache, tried different browsers, and still it loops, as shown in the attached image. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Iis there any chance you could whip up a reCaptcha v3 plugin?

I can't get this fixed. I've had to disable it on my site which I would really not rather do, because now I have to manually approve every comment that comes in, instead of having the recaptcha do this on its own. If I get hundreds or thousands of comments it's going to be an awful strain on my time.

Thank you so much foryour continued help.

• Hi,

the problem does not only concern JoomGallery but Joomla in general.

There are corresponding messages about the faulty recaptcha here: https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=708&t=1005373

It seems that Google has recently changed something about recaptcha. :(

Maybe Google will fix the problem at sometime... :rolleyes:

Regards

MrMusic

Addition:

The problem probably lies in the combination of recaptcha and mootools.

If mootools is activated, recaptcha no longer works.

Possible Solution:

Based on this forum post I have tested this plugin linked there.

When the plugin is activated, recaptcha works again.

However, other things that require mootools (e.g. slideshow) then no longer work.

So you have to decide what is more important.

• Thanks for the reply. I did find the thread you posted above before you posted it here. It's unfortunate. Mootools seems to work but as soon as I enable it, my random images slideshow block doesn't work anymore.

I've had to turn off the captcha on my comments and am waiting for the influx of comments and spam to come in for me to approve or delete manually.