FTP Upload Problem over 20 images

• I upload upwards of 400 photos in one category/gallery. I normally do them with the Drag'n'Drop method, however, recently they are showing up like an example of the one attached. The funny thing is the thumbnail and slideshow versions look fine. It's the uploaded original that is bad.

So, I decided to try the "FTP Upload" option thinking that may be better. However, if I put all 400+ images into the folder and select them all, then after 22 images get imported, the system just hangs and does nothing. The page keeps refreshing to see if there is any progress but no progress is made.

I have huge memory limits in my PHP installation. I have upped them to like 512MB and such. I'm not sure what could be happening with it. I also don't know if the FTP upload images are actually turning out okay. I have to re-download them to find out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

strange effect :rolleyes:

We need more information:

Please 'Download as text' your Systeminformation and post it here in forum. See checklist

You can try the ftp upload with a smaller number of images, such as 40 images? Works it then?

Have you enabled the 'debug mode' during ftp upload and drag'n'drop upload? See checklist

You only upload jpeg images or other formats?

Which image processor do you use? GD2 or ImageMagick? Can you change it for testing purposes?

Regards

MrMusic

• Attached is the system Information.

The Image issue is separate and I have another thread open for that.

I am wondering if it has to do with size and not number of files. The reason I say that is because with the original images. I could get to 22 imported images and it would stop and do the quick refresh thing. I only would be selecting 30 images at a time and at one point I only had 30 images in the FTP upload folder.

However, after I brought all the images into Photoshop and batch-resaved them, their sizes were a little bigger. And after that I could only consistently get 19 images to upload at a time and then it would spin. However, the original images 22 images was 146MB and the new one 19 images was 154MB so I dunno. The next image (23 and 20 respectively) would not have put them over any real limit I could see.

I have not tried debug mode. I could try that. I only upload JPEG images and I'm using the GD2 library, should I use ImageMagick? Is it better?

• Sorry for all the updates. LOL

So, I stopped choosing debug and I simply decided to choose only 10 images in this last run. Well, low and behold, the debug window shows up and not only that, it showed me the debug information for all the way back to image 1.

So, how I mentioned it stopped at 29. I looked to where 29 uploaded and on to 30 for the next debug and this is what the log looks like:

Filename: IMG_3037.jpg

Creating thumbnail from JPG, 2000 x 1333...

Thumbnail created...

Resizing to max width...

Resize to maximum width complete...

Image successfully added

New Filename: bc_29_20201012_1254983670.jpg

___Debug___

Filename: IMG_3038.jpg

Creating thumbnail from JPG, 2000 x 1333...

Thumbnail created...

Resizing to max width...

Resize to maximum width complete...

Image successfully added

New Filename: bc_30_20201012_1228135370.jpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

When using ftp upload the debug windows appears after all images have been uploaded.

When using Drag'n'drop upload the debug information appears after every image.

Do you tried Drag'n'Drop upload with ImageMagick?

Imagemagick is recommend because it is not affected by the PHP limits.

• I'm doing drag'n'drop now. But I would prefer to use FTP upload. I find it is a bit faster in terms of the upload.

When I was uploading 400+ images, my session timed out after 290 so the upload stopped. So, I was hoping that simply doing it via FTP would be better but I'm having the refresh trouble I'm talking about above.

My goal here is to get the FTP upload fixed. The problem I'm having is exactly described in this thread which I didn't find an answer on: http://www.forum.en.joomgaller…dex.php?topic=7161.0;wap2

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do you create the pictures you upload?

Directly from the digital camera or are they being edited first?

Perhaps a image is damaged and therefore the upload breaks.

My goal here is to get the FTP upload fixed. The problem I'm having is exactly described in this thread which I didn't find an answer on: http://www.forum.en.joomgaller…dex.php?topic=7161.0;wap2

This thread is about a cache problem related to nginx.

Maybe you can ask your hoster here.

• I grant you, there is that possibility now. I know on the other thread I didn't think so. But I'm doing more investigation. The images are pulled in from my Digital Camera into iPhoto (the old 5.x version from Apple) I rarely, if ever, edit the images. These are really for quick view and upload.

I then export the images using the "original" or "current" method of export which essentially--if it hasn't been edited--copies the original file to another folder. Then I upload the images via OneDrive to my work which has a faster connect to then upload to the website.

Sometimes the upload happens via a Mobile Internet connection which could potentially cause some to not copy right. Most of the time I do it over my home wifi, though.

So 99% of the time, it's the image directly from my DSLR.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, for testing it would be good if you could deactivate the OPCache.

With your system information I noticed that the value for max_input_vars=1000 is a bit low. For most hosters, it is 5000 or higher. Can you increase the value?

Your hoster should be able to help you with this.

Have you already asked your hoster about the error logs from the server? Maybe there are helpful error messages in the logs.

• I upped my input vars value to 5000. I don't have any photos to upload right now other than perhaps doing some testing with bogus images. If I get some time today perhaps I'll try that. I'll leave cache on and then turn it off in my testing.