Getting an error when attempting to upload FrontEnd

• When Attempting to add to a category on the front end. I have permissions set for "Registered" as Upload, Upload in Own, Create, and Create In own.

This has always been just fine. now I am getting this when attempting to upload: Call to a member function getType() on null

I am on version 3.5.1 and all plugins are up to date.

• Offizieller Beitrag

To be able to help you, we need some more information. Please post a call stack of your error:

https://forum.joomla.de/thread…g-debug-modus-call-stack/

Additionally post your system infos:

- php version

- Database type and version

- Joomla version

Wir sind auf der Suche nach Helfern für die JoomGallery 4 Entwicklung!

Melde dich bei Interesse bei mir (Elfangor93).

(Verfügbare Jobs: PHP-Entwicklung, Testen, Übersetzen, Dokumentation)

• I turned on debugging and click the + to add a photo and the lightbox window comes up but no debug information shows up at all.

I simply get "0" and "Error: 0" and call to a member functions getType() on null

All the rest you're looking for:

SettingValue
    PHP Built OnLinux companion 5.4.32-grsec-grsec-plus+ #1 SMP Sat Apr 18 03:13:45 UTC 2020 x86_64
    Database Typemysql
    Database Version8.0.28-0ubuntu0.20.04.3
    Database Collationutf8_unicode_ci
    Database Connection Collationutf8mb4_0900_ai_ci
    PHP Version7.4.15
    Web ServerApache
    WebServer to PHP Interfacecgi-fcgi
    Joomla! VersionJoomla! 3.10.6 Stable [ Daraja ] 12-February-2022 17:04 GMT
    Joomla! Platform VersionJoomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
  • Okay, it turns out the error comes from the System - Google Analytics Plugin version 5.0.1

Disabling it fixed it. I wouldn't mind keeping analytics. I guess I have to look for another Google Analytics Plugin.

You may always integrate Google Analytic code directly with your template. You don't need a plugin for this ;) Depending what template do you use it may be just a simple paste.