Thumbnail issue not displaying for Joomgallery /Joomimages

• I'm in need to some troubleshooting suggestions

I have Joomla/Joomgallery loaded on a Synology NAS Drive, which overall work fine for home use. I just recently upgraded the NAS and now have some kind of folder/path permission issue.

---->JoomGallery configuration manager indicates read/write permissions to all folders which is located under root/joomgallery.

---->Maintenance Manager indicates no missing Images, Categories or orphans/folders and that everything is found.

---->It will create categories in the proper folder path/structure and upload images as expected. it just won't display the thumbnails

However all the thumbnail images give a 500 but the detail images load fine and displays as expected. How can the details work as expected but the thumbnail not display if all folders have the same permissions? How can I determine if this is a bug in Joomla/JoomGallery/JoomImages or the NAS file structure? I'm at a complete lose of where to begin. At first I was thinking it was a .htaccess problem but in trying to eliminate that as the culprit, I moved one directory under the joomla/images/joomgallery folder structure the thumbnails displays as expected.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting is appreciated..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

first of all, I have no experience with Synology NAS.

I can only assume that the file cannot be loaded by the browser, while access via php is possible in the maintenance manager.

Does the problem also occur in the backend? i.e. when you open an image in the image manager, are both (thumbnail and detail image) displayed or only the detail image?

Regards

MrMusic

• Hi Thanks for the reply,

It happens in both the frontend and backend the same. As for the image manager, it only displays the detail image not the thumbnail. In every situation the details image shows but the thumbnail image does not. In looking at the development tools in the web browser it calls the thumbnails a text/html file type and gives a 500 error, whereas it calls the details as a image/jpg type. Not sure if that adds any help or not.

Just trying to narrow down possible issues

Thanks

• Ok seem i might have figured it out. It was a configuration manager path issue. I placed the following as the path and even though it was writable it still had errors

../joomgallery/thumbnails/

After putting the the full path in front ie. "root/folder/etc." it now works again

Thanks