Is there a way to create albums?

• I am wondering if there is a way that admins or users could create albums from existing photos in categories. The albums would be then visible/linkable to any page visitors. It would be something like albums on the Airliners.net gallery. Users could create multiple thematic albums and add images to that album.

Airliners.net sample album

Its not really the favorites function, because I think you can only have one favorites per user, you can not name it by group and I do not think that a users favorite list could be visible to other users.

Am I right to assume this would have to be custom developed?

• Ok, I have not had time to work on this for a while, but basically got some part of this done recently. I am however a noob and have no idea what I am doing, so it is not yet working as desired.

I can display albums and a preview of the images just fine. Routing works fine to the Albums level which is almost like Category level in Joomgallery.

My URL would be in this case something like index.php/gallery/albums

Now, when I click any of the albums, my URL will go to something like index.php/gallery/albums/album/test-album/

Question here is - can I get the URL to behave in a similar way to how the category view/image view works? So the desired URL would omit the album segment?

Desired URL would be index.php/gallery/albums/test-album/ ?

My code in the router is like this:

In

Code
    function JoomGalleryBuildRoute

and in

Code
    function JoomGalleryParseRoute