Beiträge von Tomnibus

This is great to hear. I already upgraded to Joomla 4 and had to disable (manually) the JoomGallery.I'm hoping to install JoomGallery Beta and resurrect our photos. :) I will be one of your testers.

I made a donation to help with the progress. I have two websites that necessarily have to be on PHP 7.4 because of a problem with their templates. And so I need to upgrade them and change their templates and while I'm doing the upgrade I am going from J3 to J4 because I have to do that anyway.

So I'm in a bind and need JoomGallery updated. After March of this year, I will be having to pay $5/month maintenance fee to keep on PHP 7.4 so I need to upgrade soon.

Right now on one of my sites I'm forced to move to PhocaGallery which I hate because the gallery is just that important.

If you have any updates on how things are going since August 9th of 22. that would be great to see.

I turned on debugging and click the + to add a photo and the lightbox window comes up but no debug information shows up at all.

I simply get "0" and "Error: 0" and call to a member functions getType() on null

All the rest you're looking for:

SettingValue
    PHP Built OnLinux companion 5.4.32-grsec-grsec-plus+ #1 SMP Sat Apr 18 03:13:45 UTC 2020 x86_64
    Database Typemysql
    Database Version8.0.28-0ubuntu0.20.04.3
    Database Collationutf8_unicode_ci
    Database Connection Collationutf8mb4_0900_ai_ci
    PHP Version7.4.15
    Web ServerApache
    WebServer to PHP Interfacecgi-fcgi
    Joomla! VersionJoomla! 3.10.6 Stable [ Daraja ] 12-February-2022 17:04 GMT
    Joomla! Platform VersionJoomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

When Attempting to add to a category on the front end. I have permissions set for "Registered" as Upload, Upload in Own, Create, and Create In own.

This has always been just fine. now I am getting this when attempting to upload: Call to a member function getType() on null

I am on version 3.5.1 and all plugins are up to date.

Wow, so I believe I have little hope of solving this problem. eek. I have a lot of plugins/extensions. And many of them are essential to the operation of the site.

I can try to think of ones that I have installed in the last few months, maybe. Because this problem hasn't been here from the beginning. So, perhaps updating a plugin or adding a new one broke the functionality. This is going to take a long time.

okay, I attempted to get to that portion of the "inpsect" window in Chrome but yours is in German and I didn't have icons in the top menu. I think I found it but I don't see any error 0 like you got.

It seems like you found something, though. Any idea what that could mean? the error logs were no help on the server.

I am attempting to download an image from my website by choosing the download icon and it goes to this page: (Must have an account to go there) https://www.gchsbands.org/phot…2386&download=1&type=orig

and I get a Google Chrome error "the Site can't be reached" On Firefox I get nothing at all. It just times out and no error.

I am running 3.10.3 of Joomla and 3.5.1 of Joom::Gallery.

Any advice on how to solve the problem would be great.

Well, I looked at the source code and do see where it downloads and it smply does a JFile::Read() so it isn't editing the files. I just don't understand, though. These pictures are taken straight from my camera and onto the internet. Is my camera not saving them properly. I don't know.

So, I have an update on this and I really think somehow the website is reconfiguring the images or something before they get downloaded.

The file that I upload is this size:

But the file that gets downloaded when I click the download button is this:

That is a completely different size. If JoomGallery was simply calling the image and pushing it out, then it would be the same size! Yet, the downloaded image is corrupted and the other one is not.

I upped my input vars value to 5000. I don't have any photos to upload right now other than perhaps doing some testing with bogus images. If I get some time today perhaps I'll try that. I'll leave cache on and then turn it off in my testing.

I grant you, there is that possibility now. I know on the other thread I didn't think so. But I'm doing more investigation. The images are pulled in from my Digital Camera into iPhoto (the old 5.x version from Apple) I rarely, if ever, edit the images. These are really for quick view and upload.

I then export the images using the "original" or "current" method of export which essentially--if it hasn't been edited--copies the original file to another folder. Then I upload the images via OneDrive to my work which has a faster connect to then upload to the website.

Sometimes the upload happens via a Mobile Internet connection which could potentially cause some to not copy right. Most of the time I do it over my home wifi, though.

So 99% of the time, it's the image directly from my DSLR.