google maps API

• Hi,

After upgrading to joomgallery 3.5.0 the GeoTagging feature on the Detail View is not working anymore.

Instead of a google map, it now displays:

Unfortunately, your internet browser doesn't support Google Maps or another error occured.

I have tried to setup the Google Maps API key, and also had a look at the "2Click solution for the Google Map" consent thingy.

The browser development tools give the error message:

"Uncaught ReferenceError: google is not defined"

I have tried on the latest versions of google chrome and firefox.

Please does anyone know how I can resolve this?

• Hi MrMusic,

I believe I'm using the "Category View: Default Layout" for JoomGallery, according to the Menu Item Type.

I have researched up on what you mean by 'template override'.... and with a bit of poking around I fixed the issue and the google maps is displaying again.

Thank you you legend!

I found a bit of confusion with the template "Create Overrides" functionality. When I just now created the override from joomla frontend, it copied in the original view as a backup file. eg:
    templates/theme3206/html/com_joomgallery/detail/default-20210125-235549.php

So I had to manually copy these so called "override" files to replace the main files. eg:

cp default-20210125-235549.php default.php

cp default_commentsarea-20210125-235549.php default_commentsarea.php

cp default_footer-20210125-235549.php default_footer.php

cp default_header-20210125-235549.php default_header.php

I guess I should recreate the overrides for the other two existing dirs - gallery & category

cheers

• Offizieller Beitrag

and with a bit of poking around I fixed the issue and the google maps is displaying again

That's fine that it works now.

I found a bit of confusion with the template "Create Overrides" functionality

Yes, the Joomla function to create an override in the backend quickly creates a bit of confusion.

Every time the Create override function is executed, all template files of the component are copied anew into the override folder. In addition, alle files receive a new timestamp in the file name.

The override folder is quickly filled with unnecessary files and the user loses track of which files he has to edit.

I only copy the required file into the override folder myself and do not use the option to create an override in the Joomla backend.

I guess I should recreate the overrides for the other two existing dirs - gallery & category

I don't know your website. Therefore I cannot say why the overrides were created.