Can not open photos - downloaded by clicking icon

• I have my Joomgallery set to download the original photo.

If I download it from Joomla Backend's Content - Media I can open the file.

But if I use the icon from gallery view to download file I get the following when opening it. "It looks like we don't support this file format" from Windows 10 "Photos" program (my users have the same problem). I can open the image in Adobe Photoshop just fine, but I can't in "Photos or see the thumbnail in the file directory, I know this is a Windows 10 issue, but there must be a way to not change the original photo (that I can open before uploading, or save through Joomla's backend via Content-Media

I am using version 3.5 of JoomGallery, and Joomla 3.9.24

The site is www.stormywebster.com

Thanks, Bryan.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

you are right, the Windows Photo has a problem with your images when they are downloaded via download.

Other programs such as irfanview have no problem.

Are there any security or optimization tools installed that could affect the output?

To narrow down the problem, I would recommend to activating the protostar template for testing and thus testing the download.

Regards

MrMusic

• Mr. Music,

I appreciate the reply, setting all the pages to the Theme "Prostar" did not help - same problem opening photos, I first did the whole website as Prostar, but then changed it back.....for your own testing I have left the JoomGallery page as Prostar and will leave it that way until Wednesday night. https://stormywebster.com/index.php/photo-gallery

It is a fresh install of Joomla, with no added security beyond my server firewall and antihacking rules (I lease my servers), From my Computer at home I am whitelisted from any firewall rules, and I checked the Comado WAF (Web Application Firewall) shows nothing in the logs for this website.

I do believe this is a Windows 10 Photo Viewer error, reading about it they say the program gets corrupt and needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled - but everyone that has downloaded photos has had problems, yet other photos open fine, it seems silly that everyone would have to uninstall and reinstall to see these photos.

NOTE: If I open the photo in a popup, and left click and choose "Save Image As" I can open it just fine with Photo Viewer, but if I use the download icon it does not work, the thumbnail preview on my windows desktop is blank, I get the error when I open it in Photo Viewer and you can't view the image, but opens in other apps.

Thanks, Bryan

• Offizieller Beitrag

for your own testing I have left the JoomGallery page as Prostar...

Thanks for the link.

It is strange that this problem only occurs on your website. Nobody else has reported this problem yet and i tested it on different websites too :/

Hence the assumption that it is related to your server. I have no idea what else changes the output of the image =O

One more question: I think the option 'download with watermark' is set to no? see User Access Rights >> Download >> Download with Watermark?

• I FOUND THE PROBLEM - WORKING NOW.

The issue was from another component installed, not sure which component as I uninstalled (3) of them at the same time that were not in use, From memory I think it was either CK Slideshow, Yesif Video, or one other.

I should learn to delete unused apps after I decide they don't work for my needs... MY BAD.

Thanks for your help Mr. Music......

Bryan