"the image does not exist" when active "Delete the original images after uploading?"

• Hi Friends,

using the JG 3.4.1, setting to "delete all original images" on "General Settings -> Backend loading -> Delete the original images after uploading?",

obtains: "the image does not exist" on frontend slimbox, and looking into "media/Joomgallery/category_name/originals/" we see that it is really empty.

Copying the images from "media/Joomgallery/category_name/details/" to "media/Joomgallery/category_name/originals/" solves the problem.

This workaround obviously is not practicable, because the image that JG should show I don't think could be one drawn by "originals" which can weigh even several MB!, but if I understand correctly it should come from the path "media/Joomgallery/category_name/details/".

Bug?

Thanks!

Davide

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Bug?

no, this is not a bug but intended.

In JoomGallery exist three image sizes: thumbnail, detail image and (optional) the original image.

If you delete the original image, it can no longer be displayed, logically or? ;)

I personally would delete the original images only if there is no more space on the server.

But there is the possibility to show the detail image, instead of the original image. :)

The whole applies to calling up the Pop-up box from the category view.

See Category View >> General Settings >> Popup box original image

in the Configuration Manager.

PS: Copying files manually is generally not recommended.

Regards

MrMusic

• But there is the possibility to show the detail image, instead of the original image. :)

The whole applies to calling up the Pop-up box from the category view.

See Category View >> General Settings >> Popup box original image

in the Configuration Manager.

Ah, wonderful, exactly what I was looking for!

Showing the original image can be a problem if it weighs ten or twenty megabytes!

PS: Copying files manually is generally not recommended.

Yes, sure!

Thanks for your help, very appreciated!

Davide

• I add that, should be very useful if enabling the "auto delete" on upload of original image, the "Category view" parameter was automatically configured to show the detail image.

This is in fact, what was happens to me: I'd enabled the original auto delete after upload, and JG stopped showing me the pictures. Is not this one a bug? :)

Thanks!

Davide

• Offizieller Beitrag

...was automatically configured...

...Is not this one a bug?...

For me it's not a bug.

I would also not recommend changing configuration settings 'automatically'. Such an automatic system can never meet all of the admin wishes.

Every admin has to make the configuration settings as they want them to be.

So I would see it as a bug if any settings in the configuration were 'automatically' changed.

Regards

MrMusic